St. Croix Legend Elite Panfish Fishing Rods
The all-new St. Croix Legend Elite Panfish Series features five spinning rods – each designed for extreme sensitivity to detect the subtlest of strikes – combining the lengths and actions needed to deliver lighter baits and lures with the strength and durability required to manage autumn’s trophy-sized specimens.
Panfish species unite anglers throughout the country and beyond through the passionate pursuit of some of the most popular fish that swim. Renowned for the sport they provide on light tackle and prized for their delicacy on the table, crappies, perch, and sunfish serves as the entry point for those exploring fishing for the first time, while also remaining dedicated targets for panfish purists who never abandon the search.
Techniques for targeting panfish have come a long way since the days of the red-and-white bobber suspending a chunk of worm. Indeed, contemporary panfish hunters now employ dynamic, mobile presentations – applying insights learned from tournament circuits and from the bass and walleye crowd – to target the oversized specimens that other anglers overlook. At the heart of many of these techniques are highly specialized rods designed for extreme sensitivity to detect even the subtlest of strikes. Lengths and actions are varied, as required to present compact baits and lures while delivering the power necessary to subdue the most enormous individuals in the school – and even the bigger predator fish who are hunting them as well.
Legend Elite Panfish Series
Just in time for the fat fish of fall, the artisan rod crafters at St. Croix remind panfish hunters of their new Legend Elite Panfish Series – five new spinning rods that master panfish-specific presentations using St. Croix’s entire library of proprietary technologies. Each model is designed and handcrafted in Park Falls, Wisconsin to help crappie, bluegill and perch hunters catch more fish and have more fun, every time they hit the water.
Legend Elite Panfish includes two ultra-light power, fast action rods that are perfect for approaching shallow, spooky fish with slip bobbers: the 5’6” LEP56ULF and a longer 6’ LEP60ULF.
Two light power, extra-fast action Legend Elite Panfish rods are outstanding choices when casting, drifting or trolling light jigs dressed with soft plastics: the 6’4” LEP64LXF, and the longer 7’ LEP70LXF. The sensitivity and extra fast tip of these rods render them uniquely capable of detecting the lightest of bites.
Casting and trolling tiny crankbaits for trophy-caliber crappies has skyrocketed in popularity, as more anglers have witnessed the power and efficiency of this mobile presentation. The Legend Elite Panfish Series includes a 6’9” light power, fast action model – the LEP69LF – that suits this technique perfectly, as its length and fast action tip help to prevent small crankbait hooks from pulling free from paper-thin crappie mouths.
- 5’6” Ultra-Light Power, Fast Action (LEP56ULF)
- 6’ Ultra-Light Power, Fast Action (LEP60ULF)
- 6’4” Light Power, Extra-Fast Action (LEP64LXF)
- 6’9” Light Power, Fast Action (LEP69LF)
- 7’ Light Power, Extra-Fast Action (LEP70LXF)
Key Features: St. Croix Legend Elite Panfish Rods
- Integrated Poly Curve mandrel technology
- Advanced Reinforcing Technology
- Taper Enhancement Technology blank design provides curved patterns for improved action with increased sensitivity
- Super high-modulus SCVI graphite with FRS in lower section for maximum power and strength with reduced weight
- High-modulus/high-strain SCV graphite with FRS and carbon-matte scrim for unparalleled strength, durability, and sensitivity
- Fuji Arowana Top features a titanium frame and flanged Torzite ring for maximum line protection
- Modified guide train featuring Fuji AT series guides with Torzite rings and titanium frames provide the ultimate guide training for UL-L power spinning rods
- Fuji SK2 split reel seat for the ultimate in lightweight performance and sensitivity
- Anodized, machined-aluminum wind check and trim pieces
- Split-grip/super-grade cork handle
- Kigan titanium hook-keeper
- Two coats of Flex-Coat slow cure finish
- 15-year transferable warranty backed by St. Croix